Recorded in 2004, Voyager was conceived as a journey through several different styles of psychedelic trance: funky, technoid, dark, full-on, progressive, and morning. My goal was to move fluidly through the many realms of sound popular at the time, keeping it lively and upbeat while capturing something of the psytrance zeitgeist. The title is a tribute to the Voyager space probes, both of which are now well on their way beyond the outer solar system, travelling deep into the abyss.
- Kiwa – Alpha Sector [Surreal Audio]
- Loopus In Fabula – THX (Decoder Mix) [Fabula Records]
- Psychoid – Fantastic Planet [Dragonfly Records]
- Koxbox – 911 [Vision Quest]
- Neoris – Land of Tears [Horns and Hoofs Entertainment]
- Prometheus – Universe [Twisted Records]
- Jupiter 8000 – Dust to Dawn [Avatar Records]
- Mr. Peculiar – Frontal Reversal [Timekode Studios]
- Rastaliens – Agohauey [BooM! Records]
- Mekkanikka – Ancient’s Cult [Spirit Zone Recordings]
- Human Blue – Demon Dance [Spiral Trax]
- Wizzy Noise – Electrify [Spun Records]
- Reefer Decree – Pong [Sundance Records]
- Son Kite – Game + Watch [Digital Structures]
- FREq – Nurbs [Iboga Records]
- Vibrasphere – Broad Bandits [Sub Machine Records]
- Cosma – The Time Has Come [HOMmega Productions]
- 12 Moons – The Voyage [Transient Records]
- Recorded on a pair of Pioneer CD decks in 2004, probably CDJ-100s.
- This might have been my first mix on CDs. It is the oldest mix I have posted online and it certainly sounds that way; the mixing is without nuance and some transitions are rather rough, but it’s certainly listenable.
- I personally ripped the track by Mr. Peculiar from the Syncrosect DVD for use in this mix. It isn’t released anywhere on CD.
- A CD-length edit of this mix was made by cutting the first three songs and starting from 911. I used to burn this mix to CD to give away at parties in the mid-2000s.
- The original cover design features a blue theme with a schematic representation of the Voyager space probe.
- New cover art based on public domain imagery of the Voyager Golden Record.