This set was recorded live at Re:Generate 2011, the name chosen by the Om Reunion Project to set the mood for their summer solstice gathering that year. I was scheduled to play on Sunday morning at the Moon Bass stage, a great little setup in a forest clearing on a beautiful piece of land in Southern Ontario. It felt like the right space and time to take a trip into the history of the psychedelic trance subculture so I mixed up a diverse assortment of old school Goa trance classics after sunrise. As always, this set was completely improvised; absolutely nothing was planned prior to stepping on stage to ready my equipment. This musical experience was co-created with a fantastic crowd of people who emerged from the woods to dance with enthusiasm to these old school gems.
- 01 Pleiadians - Time Dilation Matsuri Productions, 1996
- 02 Kaaya - Circular Sanctuary Dragonfly Records, 1996
- 03 Deviant Electronics - When Then is Now Helix Records, 1997
- 04 Etnica - Trip Tonite Blue Room Released, 1996
- 05 Tarsis - The Snake Spirit Zone Recordings, 1998
- 06 Chi-A.D. - Anno Domini Nova Tekk, 1999
- 07 Man With No Name - Teleport Dragonfly Records, 1994
- 08 The Infinity Project - Stimuli TIP Records, 1994
- 09 Astral Projection - No One Ever Dreams Transient Records, 1997
- 10 Rainbow Spirit - Prana Polytox Records, 1995
- 11 Art of Trance - Octopus (Man With No Name Remix) Platipus Records, 1995
- 12 Hallucinogen - Soothsayer TIP Records, 1995
- 13 Pleiadians - Merope Dragonfly Records, 1997
- 14 X-Dream - Our Own Happiness Tunnel Records, 1996
- 15 Elysium & DJ Cosmix - The Vision (Oforia Remix) 3D Vision Records, 1999
- 16 Phreaky - Over the Moon Dragonfly Records, 1996
- 17 Transwave - Cycles of Life Symbiosis Records, 1995
- 18 Green Nuns of the Revolution - Cor TIP Records, 1995
- 19 MFG - Peaceful Relaxation Phonokol, 1997
- 20 Chi-A.D. - Astral Warrior (Remix) Nova Tekk, 1998
- 21 Cosmosis - Telekinetic Return To The Source, 1996
- 22 Dimension 5 - Limitless Dimension Blue Moon Productions, 1998
- 23 Hallucinogen - LSD (Live Mix) Dragonfly Records, 1995
- The cover photo features geometric designs by Cosmo Guffa. If you look closely you might be able to see my name on the schedule in the background.
- Even I am a little amazed at how well this set came together given how unplanned it was. All I had to work with was a playlist of about 500 tracks and deep familiarity with the material.
- The opening sample is from Jim Morrison’s An American Prayer. Pleiadians AKA Etnica loved to sprinkle samples from this album into their work so I riffed on that, manipulating sounds with Traktor’s built-in effects to make it sound like part of the introductory track.
- 22,000 downloads and 3,000 listens as of March 2019.