Heliocentric is the sound of summer: sixteen upbeat tracks smoothly mixed into a journey that softly builds from thoughtful grooves toward an energetic peak. The introduction is purposefully sedate, though Cosma’s song rapidly catalyses the emotional power of the developing storyline. The mix keeps on pumping steadily until Jaïa’s From Tokyo, when a funky tribal twist alters the trajectory and sends the mix spiralling up into the full-on morning trance style of Psypilot and Mr. Peculiar. The last track is a winning remix of an old classic which is sure to leave one with a lingering sense of residual warmth and satisfaction.
- Vatos Locos – Innovato [Dragonfly Records]
- Matenda – Force Majeure [Flow Records]
- Cosma – People On Hold [HOMmega Productions]
- S>Range – Microchip 23 [Spirit Zone Recordings]
- BLT & Danny Makov – News [Iboga Records]
- Chromosome – Borderlines [Y.S.E. Records]
- Ace Ventura – Cardiac Arrest (Zen Mechanics Remix) [Iboga Records]
- FREq – Cosmic Nature [Z.M.A. Records]
- Natural Flow – Flying Toasters [Groove Zone Records]
- Jaïa – From Tokyo [Digital Structures]
- Magnetrixx – Syntex [AP Records]
- Silver Surfers – Mudjaji (Protoculture Remix) [Nano Records]
- Psypilot – Full Om [Turbo Trance Records]
- Orion – Groove Control [Solstice Music]
- Mr. Peculiar – Crystal Energy [Sonic Dragon Records]
- Blue Planet Corporation – Alidade (Wizzy Noise Remix) [Candyflip Records]
- Recorded on January 13th, 2006, at Junction Studio, Toronto. Length: 79 minutes, just under the limit of a CD.
- Heliocentric is my second shot at making a harmonic mix, blending melodies in complimentary keys for the majority of the transitions between tracks. This allows me to mix for longer periods of time, enriching the flow with a greater degree of musicality.
- 18,000 downloads and 2,000 listens as of March 2019.
- This was one of several early mixes also distributed on CD-r. The original back cover is available here.