This set was recorded live at Eclipse 2009, a psytrance festival held at the Bonnet Rouge campground in Ste-Thérèse-de-la-Gatineau, Québec. My time slot was 9pm to 11pm on Friday, the opening night. Since people were just arriving I opted to play a deep and driving blend of techno and progressive psytrance to warm up the crowd and get everyone excited for the three days and nights of music to come. As with any live recording there are a few imperfections but I am mostly happy with how it all came out. Given how early I was on, many of my friends from Toronto were unable to catch it, so posting this set is also my way of saying “here’s what you missed!”
- Dominik Eulberg – Sansula (Max Cooper’s “Lost in Sound” Mix) [Traum Schallplatten]
- Gui Boratto – Matryoshka [Nervous Records]
- SHIN – Folger (Robert Babicz’s “Feeling Good” Remix) [Yellow Tail]
- Fuzzion – Free Tibet [Boshke Beats]
- Extrawelt – Mit Liese Auf Der Wiese [Traum Schallplatten]
- Moonbeam – Night Traffic [Traum Schallplatten]
- Eelke Kleijn – It All Comes Together (Fiord Remix) [Audio Therapy]
- Max Cooper – Harmonisch Serie [Traum Schallplatten]
- AstroNivo – Nature of Destiny (Brisker & Magitman Remix) [EchoPlast]
- Dubfire vs Oliver Huntemann – Diablo [Cocoon Recordings]
- Fuzzion – Closer [Boshke Beats]
- Fiord – Get Up Jude (Beckers Remix) [eVapour8 Recordings]
- AstroNivo – Blast Out [Blue Tunes Records]
- Dusty Kid – Lynchesque [Boxer Recordings]
- Tegma – Twister [Tribal Vision Records]
- AstroNivo – From Here [Flow Vinyl]
- RPO & David Weed – Industry (Perfect Stranger Remix) [Tribal Vision Records]
- Riktam & Bansi – Ride the Snake [Plastik Park]
- Audio Junkies – Dark Side of the Mood [Vertikal Records]
- AstroNivo – Bonanza (SQL Remix) [Tribal Vision Records]
- Beckers & Hatfield – You’re Not Me (Fiord Remix) [Sprout Music]
- Tom Hades – Cinema Club (Wehbba Remix) [Stolen Moments]
- Ido Ophir & Miki Litvak – Shnorkel [eVapour8 Recordings]
- D-Nox & Beckers – Son of a Pitch [Systematic Recordings]
- In a lot of ways this set is the prelude to what I’d soon be doing under the name Synaptic FX.
- Mixed on a pair of Pioneer CDJ-1000s and a DJM-800 mixer.
- There is a corrupt version of this mix in circulation that ends early; ensure your copy is the full-length version at 133 minutes in length.
- Downloaded 19,000 times as of March 2019.